2 tablespoons olive oil
1 sliced onion
4 boneless pork chops (I found the thicker ones to have more flavor)
1 (28 oz) jar of pasta sauce
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 green pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 package fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 large garlic cloves, minced (I used my garlic press for more flavor)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 cup of dry white wine (I used a Pinot Grigio)
4 slices of mozzarella
1) In a large skillet, brown chops over med heat. Transfer to slow cooker.
2) In the same skillet add the 2 tbsp of olive oil and saute onions until brown.
3) Stir in the green pepper and sliced mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are soft.
4) Pour cooked vegetables over the pork chops in the slow cooker.
5) Add the wine, diced tomatoes, pasta sauce, garlic, basil and seasoning to the slow cooker.
6) Stir together.
7) Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
8) To serve cover each chop with a slice of mozzarella cheese.