Many of us travel for the holidays and are now out of area. I just got a call from my aunt last night who is hosting Christmas Eve asking me to bring my own dessert since she'll have nothing for me. I was at least able to google and find a gluten free bakery in the area, but I know not everyone will be that lucky. So what are some other naturally gluten free desserts you can ask for at the local bakery in a pinch?
1) Macaroons- They're flourless, have coconut and are carried at most bakeries. Some are even dyed like the picture above, so they can even be a nice festive treat.
2) Flourless Chocolate cake
3) Fudge- Does not contain flour. You just have to be careful what has been added to the fudge, aka any cookie type treats. But most fudges with peanut butter, caramel, marshmallow and regular milk chocolate are all naturally gluten free.
4) Chocolate covered Strawberries- or any kind of chocolate covered fruit for that matter. You're also being healthy ;)
5) Rice pudding, or most kinds of pudding for that matter. Just obviously stay clear of bread pudding:) But tapioca, chocolate etc are some great options and are carried even at the grocery store.
6) Meringue cookies
7) Ice cream and sorbets- Again, just check for ingredients that are added to the ice cream, aka no cookies and cream choices.
Hope this helps you out of a pinch. Merry Christmas everyone!
GF NOVA Girl Newsletter
Hi! Thanks for stopping by! Make sure you sign up for more gluten-free news and special offers!
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
Keep in mind that I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.