bistroMD’s Mixed Berry Crepes
- 2 cups of milk
· 2 eggs
· 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of gluten-free flour blend (Cup for Cup or another substitute flour.)
· ½ tsp salt
· ½ tsp olive oil
· ½ tsp orange zest
· 1 ½ pint of strawberries
· 1 ½ pint of blueberries
· 1 ½ pint of raspberries
· 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
· 3 ½ tbsp granulated sugar
· 1 ½ cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1. In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, flour, salt, oil and zest. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for a half hour.
2. In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lemon juice and 2 Tablespoons of the granulated sugar, or to taste. In another bowl, combine the ricotta and the remaining 1 and a 1/2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar. Set aside.
3. In a crepe pan over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoons of the butter to coat the pan evenly. Pour in 1/4 cup of the batter and spread with a spatula. Cook until the crepe is golden underneath, for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the crepe over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Repeat the process to make 8 crepes4. Cover half of each crepe with the ricotta mixture and 1/4 cup of the berry mixture and roll into a tube. Place 2 crepes on each individual plate. Top 1/2 cup of berries and dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.