1 cup of gluten-free flour mix
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 Tbsp of gluten-free baking powder
1 1/2 cup of milk or milk substitute
3 Tbsp of vegetable oil
2 cups of chopped cooked broccoli
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of bacon (optional)
1. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder.
2. Slowly add in the milk, eggs, and oil and continue whisking until smooth.
3. Stir in the cooked broccoli and cheese until fully combined.
4. Use a soup ladle or large spoon to pour the batter onto a hot, lightly greased skillet.
5. Cook about 1-2 minutes per side until fully cooked through.
6. Top with another sprinkling of cheese and bacon if you'd like.
* Another tip- we also served with some spread hummus on top for another punch of protein and flavor.