As I said earlier I'm not a huge cook, so where I can find a way to make shortcuts I will. I found this pre-made mix for a gluten free pie crust on Gluten freely and decided to try it. I was glad I did because it was delicious and so much easier than trying to make my own crust from scratch! Here's the link:
It was called the Cause You're Special Gluten Free Homestyle Pie Crust Mix
Here's the rest of the recipe:
1 pd or 1 box of Domino Lt brown sugar
3/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of butter
1 tsp of vanilla
9 inch pie crust
bag of pecans
1. Beat the eggs and set aside
2. Boil the brown sugar and water for 3 min. (I boiled it a little longer this last time and it came out a little thicker)
3. Melt the butter and combine with vanilla.
4. Add butter and vanilla mixture slowly to brown sugar.
5. Add mixture slowly to eggs.
6. Crumble 1/2 cup of pecans to bottom of pie shell.
7. Pour the whole mixture into pie shell.
8. Lay pecans around top in circle.
9. Bake for 45 min to 1 hour taking out when turning brown on top. (I did mine for 50 min last time on the middle rack, and it came out perfect!)