I found this delicious recipe online and thought it sounded like a fun, easy dish to make. I ended up making them for St. Patrick's day and they were the hit of the party :)
6 large potatoes
2 ounces of butter melted
Garlic Dip for the Potato Skins
6-8 cloves of garlic minced or pressed
4 tsp of Dijon mustard
2 egg yolks, beaten
4 ounces of vegetable oil
4 ounces of olive oil
1 Tbsp of lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
You start with making the garlic dip.
1) In a small bowl combine the garlic, mustard, and egg yolks and stir until well blended.
2) Combine the vegetable and olive oils and slowly add to the mixture while stirring until thickened and smooth.
3) Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Now to make the potato skins.
1) Scrub potatoes and pat dry.
2) Pierce with a fork in several spots and put potatoes in oven to bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
3) Cool slightly and then cut in half.
4) Scoop out flesh leaving 1/4 to1/8 inch of shell.
5) Turn oven up to 500.
6) Using very sharp kitchen knife cut the shells in half and then in half again giving you 8 sections for each potato.
7) Brush both sides of skins with melted butter and salt.
8) Place on baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until crisp.
9) Serve with garlic dip.
1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach
3 large eggs
5 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup ( 2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup ( 1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
1/2 tsp salt
Dash of cayenne pepper
1. Thaw the frozen spinach quickly by emptying the package into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute and then stir. Return to microwave for another minute. Soak up some of the wetness from the defrosted spinach and set spinach aside.
2. Place the eggs in a large bowl and beat until frothy.
3. Add the drained spinach, butter, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, feta cheese, salt, and cayenne pepper.
4. Stir and cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
5. Refrigerate the spinach mixture for fifteen minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 350. Using your hands, roll the spinach mixture into balls about one inch across.
7. Place the spinach balls on ungreased baking sheets. Bake the spinach balls until they are browned around the edges, about 10-12 minutes.