2 Tbsp olive oil
2 pounds ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 envelope gluten free taco seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
2 cups refried beans
9 corn tortillas
2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
Enchilada sauce Ingredients
4 Tbsp Chili powder
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp of gluten free flour (I used coconut flour)
1 14 oz can Tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups of water
Directions for Enchilada sauce-
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. In a med saucepan over med heat, combine tomato sauce, water, and spice mix and stir until well combined.
3. Heat until sauce is warmed through and thickened.
Directions for Enchiladas-
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Brown the ground beef for approx 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain fat and put aside in large bowl.
2. In same skillet saute onions until softened. Add onions to ground beef.
3. Stir in garlic, taco seasoning, salt, pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, and refried beans into the ground beef and onions.
4. Grease a 4 qt slow cooker with non-stick spray. Add 1/3 of the ground beef mixture to cover the bottom of the slow cooker. Layer 3 tortillas on top of the ground beef mixture and cover with 1/3 of the enchilada sauce, then 1/3 of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. (I used my 6 qt slow cooker for this recipe and just decreased the time in half).