2 bay leaves
6 whole cloves
1 pint red wine vinegar
1/2 cup boiling water
1) Place in glass bowl or tupperware (just not metal) with onions and seasoning.
2) Pour the red wine vinegar and boiling water into bowl.
3) Marinate 3 days in the refrigerator. Turn the meat every 12 hours using a wooden spoon, NEVER PIERCE MEAT WITH A FORK!
4) On third day drain the meat, saving the marinade and brown meat in a heavy pot (we used our Le Creuset) using Crisco. Make sure to brown all sides.
5) When browned add the marinade again, cover and simmer 3 1/2 - 4 hours.
Ginger Snap Gravy (Here's where I had to make the alterations)
Box of Ginger snap cookies ( I used Lucy's gluten free which I found in Giant)
2 tsp sugar
flour ( I used Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour)
6) When meat is done remove to serving platter leaving the marinade in the big pot.
7) In the pot with the marinade, Add 2 tsp of sugar and 8 crumbled gingersnaps (I put them in a zip lock bag and beat them on the counter)
8) Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9) Thicken with gluten free flour mixed with water to make a paste.
10) Bring to a boil for one minute and serve.