(Makes about 24 cookies)
1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter, melted and cooled (For Paleo, use 1/2 cup of coconut oil)
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar (For Paleo, substitute 2/3 + half a 1/3 cup of Agave syrup. The measurement should always be 2/3 cup of agave syrup for 1 cup of sugar.)
1/4 cup of pumpkin puree
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups of coconut flour
1/4 cup of cornstarch (For Paleo, substitute tapioca starch or flour)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
2 cups of chocolate chips (For Paleo, substitute with Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and set aside. (flour, starch, baking soda, salt)
3. In another bowl mix the wet ingredients, (The coconut oil, agave syrup, pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla extract)
4. Slowly add in the flour mixture.
5. Once fully combined fold in the chocolate chips.
The dough will look crumbly at first, but it will come together.
6. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
7. Make golf ball- sized dough balls with your hands and place on baking sheet.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes.