My dear friend, Alison, brought this bread to Book Club on Sunday and I had to immediately hit her up for the recipe. After she sent it to me I was excited to see the recipe doesn't even need xanthum gum and yet it was still incredibly moist without it. So for literally a one flour bag recipe that no one will believe is gluten-free- read on below:
2 cups of almond flour
2 tsp of GF baking powder
8 Tbsp of poppy seeds
1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of WHOLE milk (must be whole milk for creaminess)
1/2 cup of vegetable oil (Might try it myself with coconut. I'll let you know if it changes results.)
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp butter extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Mix the dry ingredients first and set aside.
2. Combine the wet ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
3. Add in the dry ingredients in batches, alternating with the milk in between. (Like batch of dry, then milk, batch of dry etc)
4. Grease loaf pans generously and fill up 3/4 of the way.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes making sure edges do not brown and middle cooks evenly. (Adjust oven temperature if edges are cooking faster than middle.