Betty Crocker GF Devil's Food Cake Mix
3/4 cup Smucker's Strawberry Jam or preserves
Smucker's Hot Fudge Topping
1 stick of butter
3 cups of powdered sugar
1/8 cup of milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract (optional for an added oomph of flavor)
1. Follow the directions for the boxed cake mix. Where it calls for water, we substituted milk for a creamier texture.
2. Take 3/4 cup of Smuckers Strawberry jam or preserves and puree it in a food processor to smoothen any chunks. We then added the jam to the cake mix and stirred until fully combined.
3. Pour the cake batter into waiting cupcake tins and bake for given time by Betty Crocker box.
4. When cupcakes are ready take out of the oven and immediately coat tops with Smucker's Hot Fudge topping. When each cupcake has been coated with hot fudge mix, put in the fridge for at least an hour. (The longer you can let it sit in the fridge, the better. We were under a time constraint. My aunt said she tried this and left it in the fridge overnight and the texture was perfect.)
5. While waiting for the cupcakes to set in the fridge, work on the icing.
6. Cream the stick of butter.
7. Add remaining ingredients gradually.
8. Continue creaming until light and fluffy. If it seems too heavy for spreading, add more milk 1/2 tsp at a time.
9. Once cupcakes are ready to take out of the fridge, spread the icing on top. If fudge is still too sticky, try piping the icing from a pastry bag.